Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: How did you get into AG?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I know this has been asked before, but there are a lot of new people on the board now. How did you get into AG?

    I came by the great circle route. I was sewing the Sophie collection (McCalls rag doll collection) for my newborn cousin. I happened to be in Chicago last fall while my DH was at a conference and stumbled across AGPC. Litterally. I'm a reader and had spent the morning in the bargain basement of Borders. Those of you familiar with AGPC know that if you walk out the Border's door you end up practically in the lobby. Needless to say, 2.5 hours and $100 later I was hooked.

    My first, and so far only doll, is a renamed Jess, called Kumiko or Kumi for short. She will be getting a new sister in the spring, I hope, and maybe even a real baby sister next fall if all goes well.

    So what is your story?

  2. #2
    horselvr2
    Guest horselvr2's Avatar

    Post

    First, (i think) in secound grade I begun to read the AG books, (I didn't know there was dolls that went w/ them) and then about a year later (i think..) I got the whole Josefina book set from my cousin, and I looked in the back of the book, and saw the card, with all the ag dolls, but I was really "dumb" lol, and I didn't send the card in to get a catologue, then a little while later, I got an ag catolouge in the mail. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    emer222
    Guest emer222's Avatar

    Post

    I saw Nellie at a family party about a year ago. I stayed up late that night trying to find out what kind of doll she was. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I had gotten the catalogs but didn't like them (because of the choose you own AGOT page layout). In 4th and 5th grade I got a couple of AG books for free from our school's reading Is Fundamental project. Then in 6th grade I decided I wanted to buy one of the dolls-a historical and my mom suggested I get Felicity because of my red hair and gree/hazel eyes. So, I bought Felicity with Christmas and birthday money and got her books for Christmas that year (she came either the last few das of Dec. 1997 or the first few days of Jan 1998).

  5. #5
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    My cousin thought it was a good idea to take my DD and her cousin to AGPC. Two years and $$$$ later...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was in 5th grade and my best friend and I (we lived next door to each other in Navy housing) were taking out the trash, and we found the AG catalog that was featuring the new doll: Addy, just laying on the sidewalk.
    After looking through it, I picked out Molly becasue she was just so cute, and she had glasses just like me. When I saw the proce of her, I knew I couldn't have her, so I took the catalog home and showed my mom, who agreed that she was too expensive and said maybe later. A couple of years later, my mom met my step-dad and his daughter and nieces were into AG, so that year for Christmas, I got Molly, my little sister got Samantha, and my step-sister got Felicity (who I now have).

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Josie-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2006
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read the books back in 3rd grade, but I never really thought about getting the dolls. Then, I totally forgot about them for years, and then Britney (currently girlag_crazy) Re-introduced them to me, and about 3 months later, I have 3 dolls [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My mom got the Holiday 1998 catalogue in the mail. She didn't think I'd be interested in it, but I was and I wanted Molly. My mom got me Molly for my Birthday, thinking she would be my only doll. Eight years later I'm still crazy about AG, if not more so than I was eight years ago. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pixterzoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2006
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was <u>always</u> interested in American Girl. I spent years trying to decide if I should get one. After all, an American Girl doll was almost all my Christmas money. So when I was nine I finally was ok with that being one of my only presents. Since then my life is practically American Girl!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got Samantha for Christmas 6 years ago. My mom got her for me cause I looked like her, minus the brown eyes. Can you bieleive I hated her at first? She sat on a shelf for a year ntil I decided I liked her [img]smile.gif[/img] .

    It took me 4 years to get my next doll, Michelle [img]smile.gif[/img] . I thought that would be it, but just 2 years later, I have 6 going on 7 [img]redface.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •